Friday, July 8, 2011

Wichita Pizza Company: another great choice for gluten free pizza!

UPDATE: 
Hey guys, first off I wanted to say the management has told me you have ordered many of their pizzas.  When the eagle ran the article about my blog she said you all ordered 25 pizzas in ONE DAY! They also told me they are working on getting the same crust as Waldo Pizza in Kansas City.  Soooo good.  They said they are interested in adding more GF menu items as well.  Please keep supporting them.  Also on my way out today I saw "New Grist Beer"  A top notch gluten free beer worth trying.

As you may know, my wife Ashley is prego with our second child.  All she wants to eat is delicious, greasy Mexican food.  At the same time I am starting a new job as a pastor at City Life Church.  Mexican is cheaper and I have to raise my own salary.  Stack on that the pregnant woman usually wins and we end up eating Mexican almost every week.

However, this week Ashley asked me to pick her up some Mexican and then get myself a pizza!  Success!  Huzzah!  Obviously I wear the pants in the family since she allowed me pizza.  (Please don't tell her I said that.  Wait she reads this blog. D'oh)

Anyways, the pizza was thin, crispy and scrumptious.  The cheese was melty and bubbly.  The toppings were plentiful.  If I were to compare this pizza with Mulligans, I actually think I would have to go back and try each one side by side.  They both hold their own against regular pizza.  Much better than something gross like Pizza Hut.

The drawbacks are few.  The pizza is not cheap.  It is good sized but if you want toppings you will pay well for them.  Like Mulligans, there really isn't anything else they offer.  Waldo Pizza in Kansas City and Borrelli's in San Diego are the gold standard on offering more than just pizza.

Please try out both pizza places.  Support them for supporting celiac's.  Then tell me how you think they compare.

4 comments:

  1. If you have non-celiacs with you, those little magazines on the rack at the grocery store (unfortunately I forget which one) usually have coupons for the large pizzas and hoagies there. Can make the overall bill a little less frightening if not all of you need GF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only we could use them for gluten free pizzas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pic shows a one topping pizza at Wichita Pizza Co, for one dollar more on a small you can get a specialty pizza like a supreme which has pepperoni, beef, sausage, canadian bacon, tomatos, black olives, green peppers and red onions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lisa,
    It seems you are from the Wichita Pizza Company. I mean no disrespect. I love your pizza. Most GF pizza is expensive especially for someone as broke as me! :)

    ReplyDelete