Sunday, September 1, 2013

Wichita's farmer's market has gluten free goodies thanks to "Cravings GF bakery."



Okay, so yeah, it's been a while since I've updated. 

I've been to several gluten free places and have been too selfish to sit down and write for you guys. 

An update on what I've been up to. 
-Our Church, City Life Church is now meeting at the Orpheum.  It's been awesome to see our church grow so very fast.  After two years we had become too big for the Abode venue. 
-Our band, Shine Like Stars toured through several states this Summer and I ate some awesome gluten free food while traveling. 
Doughnuts to die for.
-I went to Haiti and met some beautiful people who I love sharing the good news with.  I also ate Cajun chicken with rice and beans.  I never got sick in my week there.  Yay. 

Okay so moving on to the main course. 

Ashley and I went to the Wichita farmer's market in Old Town two weeks ago and loved what we found.  There was a woman there with a gluten free BAKERY!  SHUT UP!  It's true and it's called "Cravings, gluten free bakery."

Why yes.  That is my son Frenching a dog.
Choices...
She had zucchini cake, donuts and cinnamon rolls and a bunch of other things.   Everything was very good.  We bought the cinnamon donuts and failed to let our children know about them.  They were soft and just a little bit chewy.  I sensed they had a bit of tapioca starch in them, which I love.  We found if you put them in the toaster oven for a tick, they were perfect.  Also, when my wife was in Spain she used to get something called "Chocolate con churros."  It was basically chocolate pudding, which you dipped churros in.  We made our own chocolate pudding and dipped the donuts.  HEAVEN.

 There was another bakery at the Farmer's market that had a couple gluten free things.  They were nice people but it was dry.

I have been to a few more places since then and I will have to look back. 

Also a note:  Wheat State pizza is now out of business.  Sorry.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I've been wanting to try this place/stand out for a while now.

    Did you see that they're opening a storefront in College Hill soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great information! I enjoy reading your blog and finding out all the new gluten free news for Celiacs in Wichita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please keep reviewing.. I am enjoying your blog.. New to the Celiac diagnosis... I am learning.. THANK YOU!! I need to find this bakery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to go to the Kansas Grown! Farmers Market 21st & Ridge this November 22nd we will be Indoors. We have Gluten Free items Granola, Nut Free Trail Mix, Donuts (Yeast Free and Dairy Free),Gluten Free Bars etc. Trying to make Wichita more aware of going Gluten Free. All items made in a 100 percent Gluten Free Kitchen. Go to the West side and see what your missing. Muddy Boots Farm

    ReplyDelete